Thursday, September 1, 2016

Marketing Mix: Distribution

In terms of distributing Duos to the general public, I wouldn’t want them to sell in places that of course aren’t a normal place for chocolates to be sold in the first place, but I also don’t want them to sell with stores that are all about candies and that are those places where kids go to get candies. Instead, I want Duos to sell in stores amongst other semi-luxurious chocolatey giants such as Lindt, Dove and even Ghirardelli. I want them to be distributed along with other products that will compliment the semi-luxuriousness feeling that I want to give out with Duos and of course not with products that wouldn’t make sense to be bought with. “A product that is purchased for personal or family consumption or as a gift is a consumer good (Pg. 116).” If Duos are going to be sold to basic grocery stores as well as some office stores so I can still aim for that college student target market and how Duos will compliment being bought with school or office supplies will be interesting due to the fact that they are two totally different products to purchase. “If that same product, such as a PC or a cell phone, is bought for use in a business, it is a business product (Pg. 116).”

And with this uniqueness with distributing Duos to the right stores and vendors, I believe that not only will I reach college students, but other demographics as well due to the variety of the stores that will be receiving Duos. In terms of the possible future products of Duos, I feel that if I still distribute to those same vendors and stores that already have Duos with the newer products in the future, it will benefit our company even more “Providing different customers with different levels of service is a very sensitive matter (Pg. 133).”

No comments:

Post a Comment