Thursday, August 4, 2016

EOC Week 3: My Demographic

The certain age group demographic that I would fall into would be the Millennials which would mean people born between 1979 and 1994” (Pg. 54). Knowing of all the different ways that Millennials are described as, I can safely say that I do as well fit in within this age group, despite being born 1995. “Sixty-six percent of Millennials around the world use Facebook” (Pg. 51) which of course I can definitely relate to, as going on Facebook is something I do daily. I can definitely get a feel for these defining factors of being a Millennial, not only because I was born 1995, but because I can see the same distinctions from my siblings as well as my close friends and certain colleagues. Along with going on Facebook every day, I also relate to the fact that Millennials are also the “most tech-savvy generation yet” (Pg. 55) despite certain people I know who aren’t interested in today’s tech at all. Another point I relate to is the fact that “Millennials who shop online for apparel rely on price” (Pg. 55). Now while that may be true, pricing isn’t just something I turn my attention to, I of course also look into if I really NEED this certain product which may be priced higher than I expected, but when it comes to a low price on a product, that’s when the quote holds true. Being close to this age group definitely makes me feel some sense of belonging because I have related to all the characteristics so far to some degree or another, as well as knowing who also share these same characteristics. I’m sure in more research, I can find some assumptions of Millennials that I wouldn’t be proud of, but more than likely be true considering the other facts that have hit home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment